[mythtvnz] DVB-S Radio

David Zanetti mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 24 Sep 2006 20:38:48 +1200

--=-Z9QvTHlR5PLMKn6vOHyy

On Sun, 2006-09-24 at 19:17 +1200, Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson wrote:
> On Sunday 24 September 2006 18:41, AlanP wrote:
> > How long does it take? With B1 on, say, 12671 it only takes a second fo=
> > stuff to start listing while B3 (same LNB and dish as for B1) nothing
> > happens after 5 seconds or more. Can standard Sky satellite dishes pick=
 up
> > 156 and 152 stuff as well as 160E? Do the B3 and C1 channels carry EIT =
info
> > on their shows?
> Umm you can't get B1 and B3 off the same LNB.  If you want C1 and or B3 y=
ou=20
> can't use the Sky dish as it's pointing to B1.

You can get C1 with a Sky dish, and if you've got one of the newer LNBs
they are using, it's just a case of configuring a tone switch, as that's
how they're switching between the horn pointed at 160E and the offset
one for 156E.=20

> > And as a completely OT note, the Maori channel has some good material o=
n it
> > for non-Maori speakers from time to time. The family enjoyed watching a
> > doco on Ratana, for example. We never would have looked at it on Sky, l=
ost
> > as it is in CH30 territory with stuff we don't get.
> Yes wathced a few programs off Maori TV and some of the docu's off DWTV a=
re=20
> great too.

I have noticed Maori TV appears to be the only EIT source on B1 that has
decent catagory information. Neither TVNZ nor Sky appear to use standard
stuff :|

--=20
David Zanetti <david.zanetti@catalyst.net.nz>
Systems Architect