[mythtvnz] Video Motion Blur

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:22:28 +1200

On 9/19/06, Steven Ellis <steven@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:
> Now for a normal CRT you shouldn't need deinterlacing.
>
> Also i've tried all de-interlace formats on both interlaced and
> progressive displays with little improvement.

I found that even with a CRT that deinterlacing improved the picture.
I admit I didn't try very hard to get a perfect PAL signal out of the
video card though. And of course most of the deinterlacing filters
make the picture blurrier.

> If I take the capture of a PVR150/500 card and burn it to DVD it plays
> perfectly on a normal DVD with no blur, playing with mplayer/xine/internal
> on mplayer still produces the motion blur.

Even with a progressive display (e.g. plasma over VGA or DVI)?

Steve