[mythtvnz] MythTV + MPlayer + Xine + Remote - A Solution

Simon Third mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 21:32:23 +1200

OpenMedia Support wrote:
> Ok sorry this has taken so long, but here is the recipe I'm using.
>
> Copy these files as follows -
>
> keymap -> ~mythtv/.xine/
> lircrc.mce2 -> ~mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc
> input.conf -> ~mythtv/.mplayer
>
> keymap - remaps some of the xine keys so that the remote will work
> sensibily lircrc.mce2 - uses irxevent for most mappings, but some
> custom maps for xine input.conf - just a couple of tweaks for mplayer
> to behave
>
> Now the hotkeys will work if you follow the hotkey map I have at
> http://openmedia.co.nz/openmedia/content/view/27/59/
>
> The only other thing are the missing /etc/lircd.conf maps for the hash

> and star keys which are
>
>         Hash     0x00007be3
>         Star     0x0000fbe2
>

> Let me know how you get on with this, and if you think there is a
> better mapping.
>
> Note that the arrow keys only work the menu in xine, ffwd/rwnd use
> different key maps. It was the only way to get the menus to work the
> way I wanted them.
>
> Steve

Hi Steve, nice of you to post these files.

But, I don't seem to be having any luck getting this to work.  I set-up
the files but don't see any difference in remote operation.
Something is not right for me as the hotkeys via the keyboard don't
seems to do anything either.

I'm still using xine 0.99.3, but wouldn't think that should effect
things.  I do see the bug coming back out of xine that removes the
highlight.
KnoppR5C7

Any pointers?

Simon