[mythtvnz] Sky channels swapped

Simon Green mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:49:01 +1200

On 13/09/06, Robert Fisher <robert@fisher.net.nz> wrote:

> >> They added MTV on 35...
> >
> My son was channel surfing the other day at 1630.
>
> Got to MTV and found tits and bums all over the place including coverage of the
> recent Auckland boobs on bikes. (I saw it too so he was not making it up)

Sky Digital is not subject to the same restrictions as free-to-air and
Sky UHF channels. They can get away with things the other channels
can't. The reasoning behind this is because the Digital STB has a
parental control feature.

Have just noticed this from Sky's website: "Effective 4 September
UKTV will be found on channel 6 and Prime TV on channel 4.  This
change is to keep all Free to Air channels together on our Digital
Platform.".

However, that doesn't explain why C4 (32) and Maori TV (33) are all on
their own. I'm surprised they didn't move Maori as it separates MTV
from the other music channels. But then MTV doesn't show much music
these days does it? ;-)

  -- simon