[mythtvnz] LIRC codes for Zenith Sky Boxes amongst others

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:53:45 +1200

On 9/11/06, Steven Ellis <steven@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:
> So i take it you didn't think much of the Zenith then. Did if have SVideo
> or just composite out as capturing composite on a PVR-500 card has some
> horrible diagonal banding in the picture.

It's got two scart outputs (no separate svideo). One day I tried
connecting everything via svideo using scart<->svideo adapters and
found that one of the outputs didn't work properly. So Sky replaced it
(I was kinda of hoping they'd give us a Pace, but no luck). The
replacement DTH335 also doesn't have a separate svideo but the two
scart outputs work properly. There was a visible improvement going
from component to svideo, and both the old Zenith and the new Motorola
have reasonable picture quality through my PVR150 - certainly better
than I've ever managed via the tuner.

I've heard you can get component video out of them now, but since I
only ever watch via MythTV I haven't got around to trying it. I've
never seen a reasonably priced component capture card unfortunately.

Cheers,
Steve