[mythtvnz] Mythbackend crashes

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 8 Sep 2006 10:06:42 +1200

On 9/8/06, Toby Mills <toby@np.co.nz> wrote:
> >I don't think so - the picture is perfect. If it was either a bad video
> stream or signal dropout (i.e. similar to >rainfade) I'd expect some degree
> of picture degradation.
>
> I'm noticing tiny glitches in the signal from the sky decoder, they are
> about 10pix by 10pix blocks that flash on the screen for one frame every 2
> or 3 minutes. This would indicate to me that even the sky decoders are
> having a rough time although they seem to cope with dropouts much better.

Interesting. Anyone else seeing this? I haven't noticed anything
through Sky and I just looked at 5 mins of the stuff I grabbed
yesterday via dvbstream and couldn't spot any glitches in that either.

I'd expect that if the problem was signal dropout then dvbstream would
show the same behaviour as mythtv, but it doesn't - it's works
perfectly. So I'm still of the opinion that it's a bug in mythtv,
though I've got no theory on why it's suddenly appeared.

Cheers,
Steve