[mythtvnz] Mythbackend crashes

Toby Mills mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 6 Sep 2006 13:30:45 +1200

Has anyone had any luck tracing the cause of the recent DVB issues that =
were
widely reported.

Is anyone running a DVB card and has not experienced crashes over the =
last
week, if so could you perhaps post your setups and versions so we can
perhaps find some commonality.

I'm running a skystar technisat with knoppmyth R5C7 with IVTV upgraded =
4.4.
Mythbackend consumes 100% system resources within about 30 minutes of
opening the DVB card.
Tonnes of free disk space and repaired and checked MYSQL tables.
Nothing odd coming up in any system or myth logs.

My conclusion based on the fact that many people are having the same =
problem
running various different versions of myth is that either something has
changed in the DVB signal or there are too many errors or problems with =
the
signal and either the card or mythbackend isn't coping with it.

Regards
Toby Mills
www.np.co.nz