[mythtvnz] MythTV IRblaster

Nick Rout mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 4 Sep 2006 22:11:25 +1200

On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 21:57:11 +1200
Robert Fisher <robert@fisher.net.nz> wrote:

> On Monday 04 September 2006 9:19 pm, Craig Appleton wrote:
> > New site to purchase IRblaster for myth.
> >
> > http://mythblasterz.gotdns.com/
>
> Maybe I should look into this.
> Just kicked myself as I sat down to watch last night's World Basketball final.
> Manually recorded the wrong sky channel.

My wife forgot to change channels on the sky box before she went to bed before the rugby 2 saturdays ago. woke up to a 2 1/2 hour recording of the living channel.  GRRRR.

If you are recording off the sky box and don't have a blaster going, its worth remebering the sky "booking" system. Hit the O button in the EPG and it books the programme, it changes to that channel 5 minutes beforehand.

Doesn't help if someone has left the box on mute though.