[mythtvnz] Mythbackend crashing on KnoppMyth R5C7

Mike Dilger mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 04 Sep 2006 22:01:22 +1200

AlanP wrote:
> At 08:05 a.m. 4/09/2006, you wrote:
>> I thought it was a db problem as I fixed all the tables but it did it
>> again
>> last night.
>
> Same here, just checked all my tables but they're fine. This is
> getting frustrating.

I have had my back end crash once, last week.    Actually, the whole
system froze up, with the hard drive spinning incessantly, for at least
a few hours before I noticed.   It was annoying to learn how, but
figured out how to repair the MySQL tables that get trashed when the
system freezes.  Why don't developers choose postgres? it's fault
tolerant.  Anyhow...  I'm glad I'm not the only one (unless my problem
is a different one)... the backend process shouldn't be able to crash
the system... so there is some bug in Linux or a driver that it's
conspiring with.
But I'm using gentoo... so my bug is probably different.

Mike