[mythtvnz] Quiet HTPC case/cpu/motherboard recommendations

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 4 Sep 2006 14:57:04 +1200

>Currently I am running MythTV on a AMD XP Shuttle with a PVR350.
>It runs great but its a little noisy and doesn't=20
>'sit' well in a lounge environment.
>
>I am looking at upgrading the=20
>case/cpu/motherboardto something that is more=20
>home theatre/low-noise friendly.
>
>Does anyone have any recommendations for a nice,=20
>quiet HTPC case/motherboard/CPU combination?
>I am not interested in fancy knobs or displays=20
>on the the front of the system, preferably is=20
>would be a nice, clean silver/black box.
>
>Regards,
>
>David

I'll put a vote in for an Antec NSK2400 (=89 NZ$310=20
)=20
http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=3D92400
The case is pretty quiet, and comes with a power=20
supply.  Only fits mATX boards so that'll limit=20
your number of drives and capture cards.

I've got one with a Athlon64 3200+, Gigabyte mATX=20
M/B, GeForce 7300 PCI-e card, a Zalman CNPS7000B=20
cooler, and a Seagate hard drive.  It's quiet=20
enough for late night watching in the bedroom.

  - Wade