[mythtvnz] Mythbackend crashing on KnoppMyth R5C7

AlanP mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 04 Sep 2006 13:43:32 +1200

At 01:10 p.m. 4/09/2006, you wrote:
Interesting. I've noticed those occasionally as well, but last Friday was the
>first backend crash I've ever had, and its been everyday since then (don't
>know about today yet). Optus B1 orbit-tracking is getting worse, and Optus D1
>is due to replace it 'any day now' so maybe thats a factor.

D1 is launching on Sept19, isn't it? Anyone know when TVNZ/CanWest start
broadcasting on it?

And does the Myth DVB code for the upcoming .20 release handle DVB-S
trouble better at all? Because this doesn't seem terribly error-tolerant.
The annoying part is that the Skybox handles these errors better than my
Mythbox.

>Thinking about it, as far as I can remember while not in front of the box, it
>is likely that it has been crashing during DVB-S recordings (I also have a 350
>for TV3/Prime). I'm using mythtv 0.19-fixes from about January (KM R5B7) -
>what is everyone else using?

R5C7. And it is only crashing during DVB-S recordings -- I can tell by the
multiple entries for the one showing for a few episodes on TV1-2, and the
single entries for TV3 shows.

Also, just so people know -- R5C7 doesn't seem to run logrotate in cron at
all. I've got 50 and 70MB logs for sql and myth... yeesh. The next biggest
config file is the commercial marklist db table.

--
Alan Podjursky                  ICQ 24423014
"Yay, evil evil! Happy torture!" -- Gwyneth