[mythtvnz] New NZ XMLTV EPG Grabber

James Gray mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 30 Oct 2006 03:39:25 +1300

http://hydroksyde.gotdns.org/tv_grab_nz/tv_grab_nz

Here's a screen scraper script I put together today, If anybody's
interested. I know some of you have other methods for getting EPG
data, but none of the others seemed to work for me. I used to run
xmltvnz on the windows 2003 web server at my previous place of
employment, but I no longer have access to that server... Thought a
free (as in speech) scraper might be a good idea.

It downloads listings from tvnz.co.nz and tv3.co.nz. At present it
returns the bare minimum (start times, show names, and channel names),
but I hope to improve it eventually. At present it only shows listings
for one, 2 and, 3, mainly because I can only receive those channels,
and it's 03:40 in the morning, and I'm all out of cola.

Some of the code could be a bit nicer too, and it needs to behave more
like a proper grabber, but it's a start...