[mythtvnz] Sound fails when skipping

Mike Dilger mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 24 Oct 2006 00:05:48 +1300

Sometimes (or maybe on some recordings, I'm unsure), when I skip forward
or backwards, the sound dies.
I'm using gentoo / kde / arts.   I have a PVR-150 which encodes the
sound into the mpeg, which has been
verified with mplayer, so it has nothing to do with ivtv.  The sound is
there, it just fails to play as soon as I
skip around.  If I back out to the menu, and re-select the program, the
sound works again.  This has led me
to annoyingly (1) skipping the commercials (2) saving the position (3)
exiting, and then (4) re-selecting the program.

Anyone else have this trouble?

Mike

PS: I skip the commercials by hand because the auto commercial flagging
gets too many false positives for me.