[mythtvnz] Feedback requested on an article on Digital TV

Nick Rout mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 7 Oct 2006 13:33:14 +1300

On Saturday 07 October 2006 11:27, Steven Ellis wrote:
> Getting a lot of questions about the new "FreeView" digital network, and
> there appears to be a lot of confusion amongst consumers. For example
> most people I talk to assume the new network will be either partially or
> 100% HDTV from day one. Nearly all of my existing customers have
> recently bought very expensive HDTVs and are rather annoyed and confused
> when they discover how bad existing TV broadcasts look on them.
>
> I've cooked up an article attempting to show the differences between the
> existing Analogue broadcasts and what they might expect from the new
> digital platform. I'm more than open to suggestions and corrections, so
> please send me any feedback.
>
> Have a look at http://www.mythtv.co.nz for a link to the article.

If I were a complete newbie (and face it there are plenty of them out there) I
might come away thinking:

1. what is optus B1 / Optus D1

2. whats all this interlaced/progressive stuff all about?

Nice article. cheers.