[mythtvnz] Gentoo - persevere or try Knoppmyth?

Robert Fisher mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 5 Oct 2006 23:06:09 +1300

On Thursday 05 October 2006 10:14 pm, Nick & Ann Read wrote:
> Or the Km forum, its pretty good. Good place to search for answers too.
>
> http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/

Thanks for the advice guys.

I / we may be a bit late though.

I went out tonight and came home to a happy family with Windows MCE installed
and apparently working well with all of the hardware.

Never mind. I am not too proud to suggest that the Linux solution is any
better than the commercial offering from the other side.
I do not have enough knowledge / experience to overcome some of the technical
issues with MythTV by myself.

I also am wondering if the lack of a proper mode-line in our previously
working Gentoo MythTV setup was the reason that our Panasonic Plasma TV
sometimes turned itself off or even failed to start.

Bottom line in this family is that we can build a system which does more than
the commercially available PVR's for a better price and reliably.