[mythtvnz] Gentoo - persevere or try Knoppmyth?

Robert Fisher mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 2 Oct 2006 19:38:15 +1300

We have used Gentoo for MythTV without too many problems (my son urged me
to "leave well enough alone" a few months ago and we stopped upgrading)

Well Simon decided to upgrade the kernel so he could get a game controller
working but then ivtv stopped working.

Found we are not the only ones with the problem with heaps of posts on the
forums about it.

I have upgraded gcc, recompiled the kernel but still no go.
Now changing to modular X but if that does not help (and I do not think it
will) we are thinking of trying Knoppmyth.

What do Knoppmyth users on this list advise?

Rob