[mythtvnz] dodgy DVB again

Nick & Ann Read mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 2 Oct 2006 12:46:37 +1300

Quoting Toby Mills <toby@np.co.nz>:

> Since saturday mythbackend has been crashing again,
> exact same symptoms as before, gradually increasing memory usage until it
> dies.

Typical - and I had only just re-enabled the DVB-S card yesterday morning!

> As soon as I turn off DVB it works fine again.
> I noticed the oddball EPG things on saturday as well, could possibly be tied
> up with daylight savings?

I haven't had a crash, but my test DVB-S recording on Sunday afternoon died
after increasing amounts of 'rain fade'. This could be due to the large amount
of rain on Sunday in Auckland :-) Probably also related to B1 wandering.

> Anyone know how much longer until the new bird is commissioned?

Hopefully asap if the combined weight of Sky subscribers have anything to say
about it. End of October?