[mythtvnz] Myth DVD creation

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:15:40 +1300

------=_Part_92737_6607863.1164086140271

On 11/21/06, Criggie <criggie@criggie.dyndns.org> wrote:

> Nick Rout wrote:
> > "Steven Ellis" <steven@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:
> >> If it wasn't ready I wouldn't ship it :)
> > Does the "myPVR build" get a public airing, said Nick cheekily...
>
> You're the lawyer Nick - afaik it *must* be publically available for no
> cost greater than distribution.
>
> At least - every part under the GPL does.

Actually I believe the GPL states that the source must be available to
anyone the product is distributed to, which is not the same as "publically
available". So unless you've bought a myPVR I don't believe you have a right
to ask for the modified source. Of course, if you have bought a myPVR you
can not only ask for the source but you can redistribute it without
restriction.

However, IANAL, so don't take my word for it.

Cheers,
Steve