[mythtvnz] Myth DVD creation

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 15:59:33 +1300 (NZDT)

David Shepherd wrote:
>         Steven Ellis wrote:    Steve Hodge wrote:           On 11/21/06,
> AlanP  wrote:                 I currently have a bunch of MPEG
> files created from my Skystar2s sitting on the network, but these
> are cunningly distorted in such a fashion that TMPGEnc,
> VirtualDubMod, Nandub, and SmartRipper don't want to know about
> it. DVD2AVI will open them, but turns them to green mush.
>         DVB cards output MPEG-TS (transport stream), which is not
> the same as MPEG-PS (program stream), which is what most video
> tools expect. You can use ProjectX
> (http://sourceforge.net/projects/project-x) to convert between the
> two.            Ah beaten to it. Yes try ProjectX. Sort out most
> of the errors in the data stream and makes sure the audio stays in
> sync as well as being able to edit out adverts.  Shame you can't
> upgrade to 0.20 as MythArchive is a hell of a lot more stable than
> MythBurn.  Steve      Steve, been meaning to ask you this.  How
> have you found 0.20 so far?  I'm thinking of upgrading from 0.19
> over the next week or so.  Is it stable and ready for prime/wife
> time?

If it wasn't ready I wouldn't ship it :)

Anyhow the details.

1. Make sure you pick up some of the 0.20-fixes. A pure 0.20 release has
too many issues, especially with MythWeb and MythArchive.

2. Clean switch from MythBurn to MythArchive can be fun, but well worth
it. MythArchive has a couple of additional dependancies that the myPVR
build includes.

3. The INTERNAL dvd player is still a little buggy. Most of these issues
are fixed in SVN but haven't made it into fixes yet.

4. Retro theme is broken

5. The new OpenGL font rendering is very pretty but slows things down a bit.

Overall an excellent update. Well worth doing, but I took over a month
fixing issues and waiting on patches before I let it out to customers.

Steve