[mythtvnz] H/V polarisation on D1

Nick & Ann Read mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:54:49 +1300

With reference to the ariticle below, and previous discussions:

What is the impact of using H pol instead of V? My understanding is that this
can be controlled (at the LNB) by the DVB card or set top box attached to the
LNB. I think it involves sending a different DC voltage or something. However
previous discussions suggest it is a problem that the NZ beam is H pol. Is
this just a problem for Sky (maybe because thier boxes can't control the LNB
pol) or is it a wider problem? I know Myth has a setting for the pol on a
transponder, so I assume that it doesn't matter either way? I'm using an old
Sky LNB - is that polarity controllable?

Nick