[mythtvnz] Compiling EPG data

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 2 Nov 2006 19:55:16 +1300

>On 10/31/06, Hadley Rich <mythtvnz@nice.net.nz> wrote:
>>(if anyone has a copy of the modified version of tv_grab_dvb
>>that Steve posted the other day I'd love to have a look at it).
>
>I'll send you a copy once I'm back in NZ next week. Remind me if I
>forget. Btw, if anyone wants to host a copy somewhere, let me know.
>
>Cheers,
>Steve

If it's the one that outputs the categories, I'd be interested in
checking it out.  I currently have a modified version spitting out a
feed at http://epg.hotblack.co.nz/listings_beta.xml.gz  at the
moment, but the channel IDs are coming through as 1032.UNKNOWN rather
than 1032.dvb.guide.  So using this new file with the categories
unfortunately won't be a drop in replacement for the main file.

Using the -c chanidents when running the modified tv_grab_dvb to
rectify this, causes my copy to segfault, so 1032.UNKNOWN is as good
as it's going to get for the moment.

But I can chuck a copy of the script up there if you like.

  - Wade