[mythtvnz] Slow skip with internal Mythtv player

Duncan Kennington mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 09 May 2006 09:37:07 +1200 (NZST)

Quoting Graeme Woollett <g.woollett@irl.cri.nz>:

> >> On a PIII 800Mhz frontend (not the backend machine) skipping through
> the
> >> ads on recorded shows is painfully slow.

One other thing to check - this happened to me causing skipping to take ages and
also complete miscalculations of recording lengths.  The RECORDEDMARKUP table
contains all the MPEG seeking info as well as the commercial flag stuff (I think).

Anyway, this table had gotten corrupted and Myth couldn't insert anything into
it, causing the sort of problem you describe.  Might pay to run a check over
your MySQL tables and/or check the backend logs.

Probably not what's happening here, but worth a mention.

Regards,
Duncan