[mythtvnz] Slow skip with internal Mythtv player

Graeme Woollett mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 08 May 2006 16:00:11 +1200

I'm using PVR-150 capture cards to record tv.

On a PIII 800Mhz frontend (not the backend machine) skipping through the
ads on recorded shows is painfully slow.

Mplayer seems to do much better skipping through MPEG-2 files.

The frontend running on the same machine as the backend is a little bit
slow but no where near as bad as above.

Is it possible on the remote frontend to use mplayer instead of the
internal mythtv media player?
I never had these problems when using software nupple video encoded
files, it has developed since I changed to using the PVR capture cards.
Has anyone else experienced these problems?