[mythtvnz] "New to list" message

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 20:33:33 +1300

>At 07:09 p.m. 14/03/2006, you wrote:
>>Welcome to the list.
>
>Thanks :)
>
>>Check out the knoppmyth wiki here
>>http://knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=NZMythConfig
>>And download from here http://www.mysettopbox.tv/knoppmyth.html
>
>I've got the Atomic Magazine 'AtomicTV' CD with Knoppix and MythTV,
>will definitely look at the wiki later!
>
>>You will need a serial port based IR Led in order to change the channel
>>on the Sky Box, there are links at the above knoppmyth page to get you
>>going but you can get the parts from dick smith or jaycar and make one
>>in 10 minutes (although getting it to work properly will probably take
>>you considerably longer).
>
>Erm, the Sky box wasn't what I meant, I want to hook the cable from
>the dish straight into the computer so, as well as the free to air
>channels (we only have Sky for the FTA stuff, can't afford the Sky
>channels but can't stand the old aerial any more), I can get the
>other free to air satellite stuff. From what I understand, the 150
>is an analog tuner, while I need a digital one for the satellite
>dish?
>
>Thank you for your reply.

Well you're in a bit of a sticky one then.  Only One and TV2 (plus
NasaTV and DWTV) are available via a DVB-S card (which you'd connect
to the Sky Sat Dish via an aerial splitter).  You may want to get a
PVR150  (or any analog card) and connect it via S-Video to your Sky
Decoder.  That will get you One, TV2, TV3 and C4 and I think Prime.

So you may want to get a DVB-S and a PVR150 card.  Plus a IR Blaster
so your Myth box can change the channel on the Sky box.

  - Wade