[mythtvnz] "New to list" message

AlanP mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 19:29:04 +1300

At 07:09 p.m. 14/03/2006, you wrote:
>Welcome to the list.

Thanks :)

>Check out the knoppmyth wiki here
>http://knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=NZMythConfig
>And download from here http://www.mysettopbox.tv/knoppmyth.html

I've got the Atomic Magazine 'AtomicTV' CD with Knoppix and MythTV, will
definitely look at the wiki later!

>You will need a serial port based IR Led in order to change the channel
>on the Sky Box, there are links at the above knoppmyth page to get you
>going but you can get the parts from dick smith or jaycar and make one
>in 10 minutes (although getting it to work properly will probably take
>you considerably longer).

Erm, the Sky box wasn't what I meant, I want to hook the cable from the
dish straight into the computer so, as well as the free to air channels (we
only have Sky for the FTA stuff, can't afford the Sky channels but can't
stand the old aerial any more), I can get the other free to air satellite
stuff. From what I understand, the 150 is an analog tuner, while I need a
digital one for the satellite dish?

Thank you for your reply.

--
Alan Podjursky                  ICQ 24423014
"Yay, evil evil! Happy torture!" -- Gwyneth