[mythtvnz] Sourcing DVB-S cards

David Zanetti mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:35:49 +1200

--=-6Ag/9UYYhy05bEt1wPbQ

On Wed, 2006-06-28 at 15:22 +1200, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:06:49 +1200
> Steve Hodge wrote:
> > Yup. My point is that TVNZ's "test" signal has been completely
> > reliable for the 9+ months I've been using it.
> >=20
>=20
> I thought that the signal was not so much a test as the fact that Sky
> doesn't encrypt TV1/2, ie aren't you watching the same signal as
> watching TV1/2 through the sky box?
>=20
> Or are you?

There's several different copies of TVNZ channels on B1.

12.456 seems to be Sky uplinking TVNZ content but only some regions. It
has a Sky PVR PID on it, which suggests Sky are doing it.

12.483 is TVNZ's own test transponder. It has all the regions (or did
until TV1 AKL disappeared in favour of Bloomberg) and some other FTA
content which is just relayed. TVNZ's test wide channel is there.

12.671 also a Sky transponder, has TV 1 and 2. IIRC, these are the
Auckland region.

All of this TVNZ content is unencrypted. There's a bit of other
unencrypted content beyond this, mostly radio stations.=20

I've been using 12.483 for recording for a while, but it probably
doesn't matter what you use. The Sky boxes (AFAIK) don't use 12.483..
I've actually had situations where my Sky box couldn't get TV1, but my
PVR on the TVNZ transpoder could, so it tends to suggest where they are
getting it from.

--=20
David Zanetti <david.zanetti@catalyst.net.nz>
Team Leader, Systems Administration