[mythtvnz] Sourcing DVB-S cards

Nick Rout mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 28 Jun 2006 12:53:04 +1200

I took part in a group buy of DVB-S cards a while ago from dvbshop in
germany.

It was this one

http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php/info/p12_Technisat-Skystar2-2-6D-incl--remotecontrol.html

I cannot tell you whether it works as *cough* I haven't had the time to
install it yet.

howard at fox.co.nz did the actual buying. the end cost was $109 each,
partly because we got pinged for customs (GST) as there were 6 of them.

I expect the card to work and am loking forward to the new era of
digital tv in nz. I REALLY look forward to telling sky to stick it! (but
thanks for the aerial,  if they  wanna climb on my roof to get it good
on them, braver than me!)