[mythtvnz] Recording from video tape

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 25 Jun 2006 15:52:48 +1200

On 6/25/06, Criggie <criggie@criggie.dyndns.org> wrote:
> Steve Hodge wrote:
> > The most common suggestion on the mail lists seems to be to not use
> > Myth for this sort of thing.
>
> Well my two tuner cards are in the mythbackend, and I'm not going to buy
> another one for a relatively uncommon task like this.

I wasn't suggesting that. Just, you know, shutting down mythbackend
and starting up some other software...

> And it appears to have worked perfectly so far.

Except for the issues due to not having a schedule (or having the
wrong schedule), right? Going to the trouble of setting up a dummy
channel seems to me to be the sort of thing that's necessary when
you're using the wrong tool for the job.

Steve