[mythtvnz] Recording from video tape

Criggie mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 25 Jun 2006 14:37:41 +1200 (NZST)

Hey all.  I've got a couple of VHS video tapes to duplicate.

I figured that recording them to the mythbox would give me a copy with all
the advantages of an on-disk recording with none of the wear problems
associated with tape.

So I changed the input of one of my tuner cards to Composite, opened it
with LiveTV, hit play on the VCR and pressed R on the frontend which
worked okay.

However I realised that as soon as the timeslot for the current programme
on that channel was over, the recording would stop.  It has also been
added to my Media Library as "vodafone select" from C4.

How else could I have done this better?

This post suggests creating another channel with no EPG info and using
that, which seems to be a better idea.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/44727?do=post_view_flat

Any other comments?

--