[mythtvnz] Sky HDTV to be DRM'd?

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 14 Jun 2006 17:55:38 +1200

On 6/14/06, Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz> wrote:
> Bahhhhh, I might was well by a 480 line plasma!

That's what I did about 8 months ago. I bought a Hyundai 480 line 42"
plasma for $3K (lately I've seen "no-name" brands as low as $2300). I
figured that there wasn't much point in buying high end at the time
given the uncertainty over the next generation DVD formats and the
lack of available HD content. I also decided that the improved quality
of the higher spec displays wasn't worth the extra money. My only
regret is that I can't drive my plasma at it's "native" resolution,
but the picture looks fine anyway.

Steve