[mythtvnz] cabling puzzle

Paul Graham mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 06 Jun 2006 20:42:33 +1200

The Jaycar option would work but screw connectors are not very nice when dealing with video.

I would sugest you get a PDL 650 (Blank plate) from an electrical wholesaler. These cost a few dollars and are made of riged plastic have a nice cover plate to cover the screews and are availble in Black ( and white, Ivory, Beige and cream).

Next step would be to use a card backplate as template to cut a hole in the plate.  Either mount the cable on the plate or mount a gender changer on the plate and plug in the cable in place  (easier if the plate is a hard get place like under a desk etc)

Hope this helps,

Paul

Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 19:59:06 +1200 (NZST)
From: "Criggie" <criggie@criggie.dyndns.org>
To: mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Subject: [mythtvnz] cabling puzzle

Well I've had a productive weekend...  I moved my myth backend into a new
case, and suddenly the quality of Prime improves dramatically... no idea
why.

I've also tidied the frontend machine up, and it now looks like this:
http://criggie.dyndns.org/network/#luke
Yes I know the 15" LCD looks tiny up there... thats because it is.

Which leads nicely on to my question...  on the left you can see an ugly
VGA extenstion cable draped around the corner and off to the machine.
Has anyone seen a black wall plate with a single VGA socket on it?  How
else can I get a VGA cable up to the monitor?  There is underfloor access,
and I can get right inside that wall (its an old chimney.)

Composite video is not an input option.  Something like this might work...
http://www.pdl.co.nz/product-details.aspx?rcat=products&catid=0&id=307
but its big and white.

Any suggestions?