[mythtvnz] Hauppauge PVR-150 IR Blaster problems

Mike Dilger mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 26 Jul 2006 16:46:27 +1200

Nick Rout wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 16:10:32 +1200
> Mike Dilger wrote:
>

>> So if anyone read this far... can you recommend a different remote
>> control unit?
>>
>> Mike
>>

> yes, read it all.
>
> As Steve from openmedia said, there are two types of remotes that come
> with th hauppauge. On a quick scan through this thread I am still unsure which one you have.
>
> Quoting Steve:
>

>> If you don't have the MCE edition and the IR Receiver plugs directly
>> into the card then you need the hauppauge driver. The mceusb2 driver
>>
> is
>
>> for the external USB dongle that comes with the PVR150MCE.
>>

> So what, physically, do you have?

It is NOT the MCE edition.  The IR receiver plugs into a jack in the
back of the card.  I have been using 'hauppauge' as the driver, as
expected for this edition, but I tried mceusb2 just for kicks.

I'm seeing posts on the lirc list where other people have got problems
when they upgraded to linux 2.6.17, lirc 0.80.0 and ivtv 0.7.0, so maybe
it's just broken software at the moment...

Mike