[mythtvnz] Hauppauge PVR-150 IR Blaster problems

Mike Dilger mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 24 Jul 2006 20:52:11 +1200

I finally got my Hauppauge PVR-150 today.  If I had known better, I
would have gotten the MCE edition that has the USB IR receiver...

I'm having problems with the IR receiver.

lirc-0.8.0-r4 (gentoo) doesn't have a driver for this one.  The
hauppauge driver doesn't work for me.    I have also pulled a patched
version for pvr150 from Mark at blushingpenguin
(http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/blog/?p=24) and that one didn't
work either.

The modules load and say "lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered,
at major  61", but the device file (/dev/lirc/0) doesn't get created.
And for good reason because if I make it by hand (mknod /dev/lirc/0 c 61
0) and cat the device (cat /dev/lirc/0) I get
    /dev/lirc/0: No such device

Advice?