[mythtvnz] Re: Skystar2 remote support?

Nick & Ann Read mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 21 Jul 2006 21:51:47 +1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)

Hi Alan

The Skystar2's we got are a 'new' version with a USB remote instead of the
serial one that came before, so the lirc issue is not relevant unless you
build a DIY serial IR receiver. As you say, it appears as a USB keyboard and
works fine. Most of the keys are useable (if you go to setup under myth and
set keys) except for the power button at the top and the four buttons at the
very bottom. These keys are probably mappable with a bit of messing around
with setkeycodes and xmodmap. For some dumb reason a couple of the keys that
do work are repeats of other keys.

Personally I'll be sticking to my Hauppauge remote for as long as I have my
PVR350 for analogue TV...

Nick