[mythtvnz] Skystar2 remote support?

AlanP mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 21 Jul 2006 12:33:30 +1200

Well, a courier turned up today with something special... two something
specials. Mmmm... satellite goodness. The other computer parts should turn
up next week, and I'll be starting the Debian install (over dialup...
ouch), then Myth from the Marillat .org site. I bought two because I never
want to have to choose between Coronation Street (happy Mum) and Top Gear
or something.

I don't particularly want to install SP2 for XP (quite happy with SP1), so
I'll be holding off testing them until Debian is installed. That, and I
don't feel like moving my main box to the lounge.

My main question is how well the Technisat remote is supported under Linux
and Myth? The Hauppauge remotes seem well documented, is there anything I
should know about the Technisat ones? The only writing on the back of one
is TTS35AI. It seems to act as a USB keyboard, but I'd like to know if
anything strange is likely to happen with it.

Many, many thanks to Nick Read for organising the group buy! Consider this
a 'Good Trader Alert', if you want.

Also, just as a matter of fleeting curiousity, was Atomic magazine anyone
else's first exposure to MythTV? (Issue #53, June05)

--
Alan Podjursky                  ICQ 24423014
"Yay, evil evil! Happy torture!" -- Gwyneth