[mythtvnz] Will this card work with MythTV?

Jason Haar mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:46:05 +1300

Robin Gilks wrote:
>> Hauppauge PCI TV Tuner Card OEM
>> http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/XH9027
>>

> I'm using the retail 150MCE which does have a very good remote control
> with buttons for pretty much all the mythtv functions and jump points.

Hi there!

I'm in the process of installing KnoppMyth R5 Alpha 30.1 with a
Hauppauge WinTV-PVR (150MCE) card.

I've got DVD and CD playing/ripping working just fine, and am now
focusing on the TV bit. Anyway, I'm still trying to pick up any signal
other than static (I'm in Chch). The "issue" surrounding tv shows isn't
my primary concern - I'm just trying to tune the darn thing!

mythtv doesn't seem to come with any way to auto-detect channels, so how
am I supposed to figure out all the frequencies/etc - and more
specifically - get them into mythtv? I'm only referring to Free to Air
here. Actually, all I'm after is TV1-4 and Prime

Can anyone give me a hint?

Thanks!

Jason