[mythtvnz] Building a new box using an ASUS A8N-VM CSM board

Duncan Kennington mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:08:47 +1300 (NZDT)

> > Capture
> > ---------
> > Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150MCE - PCI
> > LifeView Fly Video 3000 - SAA7134 based - PCI
> > Freecom DVB-T USB Stick
>
> There is some testing stuff on DVB-T in auckland, don't know how long
> it
> will live for, but it is there in certain area's.
>
> Personally I wouldn't go anywhere near a USB DVB-X device, your much
> better off getting a PCI card.

I was under the impression that ivtv (the Hauppauge PVR drivers) and the DVB
drivers will not co-exist due to some differences in the tveeprom module...?

http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Howto suggests that some people have had limited
success getting the two to work together but there's a bit of jiggery with the
modules involved.

I had enough troubles getting BTTV and IVTV to co-exist (tuner module
inconsistencies) - you might break the camel's back trying DVB as well.