[mythtvnz] DVB-S Card purchase - any other sources than dvbshop? - also anyone else want one?

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 15:56:55 +1300

>Hi, I mentioned in Dec that I was going to buy a DVB card from
>DVBShop.net I'm going to be ordering a couple of these:
>
>http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php/info/p12_Technisat-Skystar2-2-6D-incl--remotecontrol.html
>
>Firstly, if any one knows of a better/cheaper source of DVB cards
>that will work fine with Myth, please let me know.  These cards
>aren't available for a few weeks from dvbshop now anyway.
>
>Secondly, if anyone wants to share freight costs on this or other
>items from DVB shop please let me know (offlist).  A couple of
>people expressed slight interest last time I asked.  I'll be
>ordering in a couple of weeks, when they have stock.  Cards work out
>about $75 or so each, plus freight (unknown - as their shopping cart
>won't let you checkout 'out of stock' items...)
>
>Thanks
>Howard
>(Remove the -mythtvnz from my email addr)

Shipping for one card was around 35 Euro in November, and it should
only get lower per card after that.  You should miss out on the GST
as well, if the order is only 3-4 cards.

  - Wade