[mythtvnz] DVB-S Setup?

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 15:14:58 +1300

>On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 19:58 +1300, Wade Maxfield wrote:
>>  With your prompting, I checked out the Lyngsat Optus site, and then
>>  tried the 12456 Freq.
>>  Trying -p h made no difference initially.
>>
>>  The error rate you refer to is the Bit error rate, right?
>
>Yes.
>
>>  What I have figured out is that if I run dvbtune and get a high error
>>  rate, let it run for a few seconds, kill it, then run it again, it
>>  will now have a very low error rate.  And doing a scan -c ,with the
>>  low error rate, works as well.  So I can use 12456 or 12483 for the
>>  frequency.
>
>Hmm.. strange. That's going to be interesting to get going with MythTV
>then, I think it tends to assume it tunes on the first shot.
>
>>  Now I'm stuck on the EPG.  From
>>  http://pvr.geek.nz/w/index.php/Listings I running the script one line
>>  at a time to see what it's doing.
>>
>>  When I do the tv_grab_dvb bit I get an
>>
>>  # tv_grab_dvb -s -o 12 > /tmp/listings-$$.xml
>>
>>  DMX_SET_FILTER:: Invalid argument
>>  ./tv_grab_dvb: Unable to get event data from multiplex.
>>
>>  I think I must have missed something, but I can't figure it out for
>>  the life of me...
>
>The card has to be open and tuned when you run tv_grab_dvb. The & on the
>end of dvbstream is critical.
>
>I'd leave dvbstream running in another window if you're doing it by
>hand.
>
>Also, MythTV will soon have an integrated DVB EPG data parser that
>doesn't require anything being run at all, just tick the channel as one
>you want guide data for, and it'll gather it entirely in the background.
>No more silly scripts :)

Right, I've gone back to trying to get this working.

I've just changed from FC4 x86_64  to using the i386 version on my
Athlon 64 3200+, and now I no longer get these errors I was. But I
seem to be missing a channels.conf for it to work from.

Any one got a copy I can grab, or instructions on how you generated yours?

  - Wade