[mythtvnz] Help spending my brothers $5K on MythTV

paul arthur mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 14:23:34 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for all the feedback, sounds like we're on the right track.

Will - go ahead with the

o PVR150 - (not pvr500) as sky only and no tv reception
o cheap DSE sound card with spdif
o IR Blaster to change sky channel (lirc is not my friend ;)
o Knoppmyth then upgrade to Myth 0.19 single box frontend/backend
o NVidia 5200 DVI out fanless graphics card
o MCE learning remote + dongle

the above looks like $300-400 + time.

I'll get him to check MCE and MySky - i think Myth is the way forward.

agreed re quality/spend on the Screen and sound system - brother can sort that in his own time ;)

thanks again.

Paul.