[mythtvnz] Help spending my brothers $5K on MythTV

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:35:27 +1300

On 2/23/06, criggie@criggie.dyndns.org <criggie@criggie.dyndns.org> wrote:

> Another advantage to the PVR is that for a few dollars more you get a
> PVR500 which is two PVR150s on the same PCI card, with a splitter/amp for
> the aerial cable.
>
> I have found that there are often two programs overlapping, or bad enough
> two programs that start and finish at the same time so you end up missing
> some of one/both.  Two tuners would simply fix that, and the hardware
> mpeg2 is just good.

Unless you watch a lot of 3/C4/Prime you might be better off with a
PVR-150 and a DVB-S card. That way you get EPG grabbing and can still
record two shows provided one is on a TVNZ channel.

Steve