[mythtvnz] Help spending my brothers $5K on MythTV

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 17:37:44 +1300

Steve Hodge wrote:
> On 2/23/06, Steven Ellis <mail_lists@stevencherie.net> wrote:
>

>> Done some recent comparisons of Analog FTA on the PVR-150 on the Default
>> settings of 4.5M average and 8M max against some FTA DVB-T streams that
>> average around the 4-5M mark and I must admit they are reasonably close
>> quality wise. The biggest benefit with the DVB-T stream is the lack of
>> ghosting. Mind due my TV1 & 2 reception is excellent as I have great
>> line of sight of the transmitter.
>>

> Anyone know how the TVNZ DVB-T stream compares to TVNZ DVB-S stream?
> Is it the exact same stream?

Ask on nz.tech on usenet for more details. Hope it isn't as they need to
fix up the rate limiting. Watched the grammys off DVB-T and the rate
limiting when the strobe lights were flashing was dreadful. They appear
to cap it quite early and not allow any peaks in the bit rate.

For most regular shows it is excellent and beats analog due to the lack
of ghosting and static.

Steve