[mythtvnz] Help spending my brothers $5K on MythTV

David Zanetti mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:35:46 +1300

--=-lyPYsZvjlPqGCz5LlL2E

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 14:29 +1300, Craig Box wrote:
> >> 	- IR Keyboard + dongle to get past LIRC hassles (or at least defer
> >> them)=20
> >=20
> > I ended up picking a USB HID IR remote, and remapping the buttons to
> > my universal. It works real well, and avoids all the lirc madness.
>=20
> Does it fake keypresses?  Where'd you get it from?

Being USB HID, it _is_ keypresses. It's not fake, because it's no
different than a USB keyboard (which is also HID).

Works even in the console. :)

The unit I've been using is a Shuttle one, but it not tied to Shuttle
hardware at all. The remote doesn't have quite enough buttons (and the
mouse on it is a HID mouse, which isn't really useful for Myth in some
ways), but if you're mapping on to a universal it's pretty good.

http://www.ascent.co.nz/ProductSpecification.aspx?ItemID=3D116365

--=20
David Zanetti <david.zanetti@catalyst.net.nz>
Team Leader, Systems Administration