[mythtvnz] Manipulating Program Guide Information

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 10:59:35 +1300

>I used to use the DVB-S card and probably still have details somewhere.
>Would the frequencies suffice?
>
>On 2/22/06, Steven Ellis <<mailto:mail_lists@stevencherie.net>
>mail_lists@stevencherie.net> wrote:
>
>Wade Maxfield wrote:
>>  Steve,
>>
>>  I'm assuming that you have the DVB-S card connected to a sky dish. If
>>  so could I grab a copy of your .szap/channels.conf?
>
>Sorry but i'm using a DVB-T unit. We have a test signal here in Auckland.
>
>Steve

Sam/Steve H,

I tried following the DVB-S instructions at pvr.geek.nz and when I do
the channel scan in mythtv-setup it only finds 7 or so channels, and
they're all Animal Planet, and a couple of other encrypted channels
that it can't handle.  It doesn't find any FTA channels.

Strange thing is I know the card works since I can pipe dvdbstream to
mplayer and get a good picture, and I'm using it to grab EPG data for
FTA and Sky.

I was going to upgrade to 0.19 once it's gone stable at atrpms (I'm a
package guy following Jarod's guide on FC4) and try again, but in the
mean time maybe I could grab a dump of your channels table, or even
just the channel settings for one of the FTA DVB-S channels?

  - Wade