[mythtvnz] Setting up an irblaster

Dagan Galarneau mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 00:37:17 +1300

Initially I had the PVR-350's remote successfully sending commands, and
then I added the lircd instance for the serial IR blaster.  I'm not sure
how applicable this is to you, as I was using Mandriva, but when I added
the serial transmitter everything seemed to work.  I didn't get much in the
way of error messages anywhere.  The transmit program happily said it was
working.  But nothing was happening.  Like you, I struggled to find out if
it was a hardware problem with the IR Blaster, or a software issue.

In the end, I downloaded the latest snapshot version of lirc and compiled
it myself, rather than running the stock Mandriva version.  Everything
magically started working pretty much instantly.