[mythtvnz] Setting up an irblaster

Dagan Galarneau mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 20:10:01 +1300

Hi Corrin,

It was a bit tricky getting a single lirc instance to run two different
remotes, such as the PVR-350 for receiving and the IR Blaster for
transmitting.  There was an excellent site at lircsetup.com that made it
pretty simple, but I'm sad to see it's down right now.

The first thing I should mention is that the digital camera trick didn't
work for me with the IR Blaster.  I could see other IR transmitters with my
digital camera, but I'm pretty sure the IR blaster didn't show up.  I can't
say for certain, because I stopped testing it before everything started
working, but I never saw the IR blaster using the camera.

Which flavour of linux are you running?  In my initial testing, I was
getting log entries similar to yours.  It took a while before I got
everything working properly.  Unfortunately, the hard drive died in my
MythTV box so I can't see my working setup and am thus operating from memory.

- Dagan