[mythtvnz] mythtv 0.19 released

Drew Whittle mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 23:26:55 +1300

On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 20:43 +1300, Craig Box wrote:

> Another question.  TV1 coverage here is crap.  I have Sky Digital.  If I buy
> a DVB card, can I use the cable from the satellite dish into it?   How much
> and where from?

Off the same satellite as Sky you can currently get FTA:

TV1 (couple of versions - different ads for different regions)
TV2 (as above)
CCTV-9 (Chinese Central TV - English language version)
DW-TV (Dwelle - Half German Half English)
Nasa TV (Not just space stuff...lots of science stuff too)
TVNZ Wide Testing (Testing Channel for Wide screen stuff)
Maori TV
Bloomberg (Business/financial Channel)

The only catch is that any of these channels could disappear at anytime,
although some have been there for many years, eg TV1/2, and some have
just started eg Bloomberg - last week.

:D