[mythtvnz] What is best to cleanup and compress down *.nuv files?

Jason Haar mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 09 Feb 2006 15:33:07 +1300

Hi there

Is there common thought over the best way to permanently remove ads/etc
from the raw MPEG2 files, and how best to convert them into the likes of
AVIs to save space?

As far as the latter goes, I've current figured out the following does
the job - but it is grossly lossy. I'd rather have larger files with
less loss, but the documentation for "what is best" can be hard to nail
down...

echo "Converting $SRC to $FILN"
mencoder "$SRC" -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=600:vhq:vqmin=2:vlelim=-4:vcelim=9:lumi_mask=0.05:dark_mask=0.01
\
 -vop scale -zoom -xy 320 -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=96 -o "$FILN"

What do others do?

Thanks

Jason