[mythtvnz] Pause between video files

mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 19:46:19 +1300 (NZDT)

> I've got the vob files split at 1gig a piece and when the next file is
> loaded
> there is a pause... the screen goes back to the gallery and then to the
> next file and carries on playing, is this normal?

I don't play files like that, so I've not seen this myself.

Why are you splitting the files at all?  Both XFS and JFS have good
response time with huge files.  I routinely deal with 8x 95 Gb backup
files on an XFS partition.

Try not splitting them and see how you go.  Otherwise make sure that dma
is on for your hard drives - use    hdparm -i /dev/hda    as root to
check.

> I'm running myth on a Celeron 2.8ghz with 512meg ram so it should be good.
> have set the machine up with cpu frequency scaling and watching a video
> it's at 700mHz, live tv it's at 1.05gHz, could this be it?

Doubt thats the problem.  The machine should step up the instant more CPU
is required.