[mythtvnz] Extracting EPG from sky

Corrin Lakeland mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 18:56:19 +1300

Hi all,

Short of buying a DVB card and splitting my digital signal, is there
any way to get the EPG data out of my sky box?  I currently have it
plugged into my PVR500.  What about Sky UHF?  I know I can download
the data from the net, I'm looking for something that a C/D letter
cannot terminate.

PS: The local free newspaper contains TV listings, so it can't be
that expensive.  Would people be interested in contacting sky and
asking to purchase a legal EPG feed which we could then distribute
amongst subscribers/  Probably via bittorrent?

Corrin